Friday, May 6, 2016
anãpãna mindfulness meditation
What are the thirty-two kinds of knowledge in mindful workers?
Here a bhikkhu, gone to the forest or to the root of a tree or to an empty place
sits down, having folded his legs crosswise, set his body erect, establishing
mindfulness in front of him, ever mindful he breathes in, mindful he breathes
out.
(1) Breathing in long, he knows 'I breathe in long;' (2) or breathing out long,
he knows 'I breathe out long.' (3) Breathing in short, he knows 'I breathe in
short;' (4) or breathing out short, he knows 'I breathe out short.' (5) He trains
thus 'I shall breathe in acquainted with the whole body;' (6) he trains thus 'I
shall breathe out acquainted with the whole body.' (7) He trains thus 'I shall
breathe in calming body fabrication;' (8 ) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out
calming the body fabrication.' (9) He trains thus 'I shall breathe in acquainted
with happiness;' (10) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out acquainted with
happiness.' (11) He trains thus 'I shall breathe in acquainted with pleasure;'
(12) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out acquainted with pleasure.' (13) He
trains thus 'I shall breathe in acquainted with mind fabrication;' (14) he trains
thus 'I shall breathe out acquainted with mind fabrication.' (15) He trains thus
'I shall breathe in calming mind fabrication;' (16) he trains thus 'I shall breathe
out calming mind fabrication.' (17) He trains thus 'I shall breathe in acquainted
with mind;' (18 ) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out acquainted with mind.' (19)
He trains thus 'I shall breath in gladdening mind;' (20) he trains thus 'I shall
breathe out gladdening mind.' (21) He trains thus 'I shall breathe in
concentrating mind;' (22) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out concentrating
mind.' (23) He trains thus 'I shall breathe in liberating mind;' (24) he trains
thus 'I shall breathe out liberating mind.' (25) He trains thus 'I shall breathe in
contemplating impermanence;' (26) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out
contemplating impermanence.' (27) He trains thus' I shall breathe in
contemplating fading away;' (28 ) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out
contemplating fading away.' (29) He trains thus 'I shall breathe in
contemplating cessation;' (30) he trains thus 'I shall breath out contemplating
cessation.' (31) He trains thus' I shall breathe in contemplating
relinquishment;' (32) he trains thus 'I shall breathe out contemplating
relinquishment.'
[Commentary on introductory paragraph]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment